Eco Woodland Garden Mulch
A bark-based mulch recycled from local trees, perfect for deterring slugs and snails.
Eco Woodland Organic Garden Mulch is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Finish off your beds and borders, protect your garden and keep unwanted intruders off your plants with our bulk bags of organic Woodland Garden Mulch. Offers the protection your plants need whilst providing a professional, natural finish to your garden.
Locally sourced and produced from Dorset trees and gardens, the 6 week process produces a sustainable, high-quality mulch.
Screened to 30mm, the organic Woodland Garden Mulch has neutral pH and is a perfect blend of soft and hardwood.
Spread our organic Woodland Garden Mulch throughout beds and borders for optimum protection from critters and weed growth.
Why choose our organic garden mulch?
- Suppresses weed growth and conserves soil moisture
- Enhances your garden’s appearance
- Neutral pH
- Easy to apply
- Requires little maintenance
- Pet, animal and environmentally friendly
- Good insulation for plants in cold conditions, therefore reducing plant loss
- Perfect for beds, borders, veg allotments, trees, and shrubs
Garden Mulch Specification
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Bulk Density: 250-350g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 42.4% m/m 119g/litre.
- Dry Matter: 57.6% m/m 161g/litre.
- Organic Matter: (as loss on ignition) 54.8% of the dry matter.
- Carbon: Nitrogen Ratio: 72.6:1.
- pH: 6.3 - 7.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 250 μS/cm. Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: within acceptable limits.
Eco Woodland Garden Mulch questions
Q. What is the best time of year to use garden mulch?
You can use Garden Mulch all year round, however it is best laid down in Autumn, whilst the soil is warm and moist. This gives the soil some insulation ready for the frost of winter and helps to prevent soil being washed away during heavy rain and windy weather.
Q. Why should I use garden mulch?
It’s important to mulch your garden as not only does it improve appearance, it helps to regulate temperature in the Summer and protects your plants from the frost in the Winter. Mulching also helps to prevent weeds and improve water retention.
Q. How much garden mulch will I need?
To work out the volume of the area you are working with, you will need to use the formula length(m) x width(m) x depth(m). The answer will give you the cubic meterage of your chosen area. We’d recommend a depth of 5cm. Alternatively, use our free volume calculator.