Eco Tree & Shrub Organic Compost
Peat-free, organic soil improver, perfect for giving acid-loving (ericaceous) trees and shrubs a boost
Eco Tree & Shrub ericaceous Organic Compost is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Take your trees to new heights with our bulk bags of Tree & Shrub organic compost. Made specifically for plants that need an acid environment, the added phosphoric acid helps to establish young trees and shrubs by lowering the soil’s natural pH value.
Locally produced by composting organic offcuts from Dorset gardens, the 12 week maturation process produces a sustainable and high quality, peat-free organic compost.
Screened to 10mm and with added phosphoric acid, your acid-loving (ericaceous) trees and shrubs will receive a welcome boost.
Spread Tree & Shrub ericaceous compost through the soil around your trees and shrubs for optimum results.
Why choose our organic compost?
- Improves moisture retention and soil structure
- Nutrient-rich and an excellent source of organic matter, which helps plants to establish quickly
- Easy to apply
- Requires little maintenance
- Designed specifically for trees and shrubs that require an acid growing environment (ericaceous)
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Biodegradable green plant & tissue matter.
- Particle Size Distribution: >100% passing a 12.0mm screen >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 500 -600 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 35% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 65% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 25% of the dry matter.
- Carbon: Nitrogen Ratio: 6:1
- PH: 6.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 400 μS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: within acceptable limits.
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Not suitable for use as a top dressing for turf.
Eco Tree & Shrub Organic Compost questions
Q. How does phosphoric acid in compost helps trees grow better?
Some trees and shrubs prefer a more acidic soil. Our Tree & Shrub is made to order and we create this by adding in acid. This will lower the soil’s pH value to encourage young trees and shrubs to establish.
Q. How long does it take to make organic compost?
Local garden offcuts are processed and matured for up to 12 weeks. The oxygen levels and temperate have to be optimal to create the perfect environment for the material to breakdown. Our dedicated team go through stringent quality protocols and conduct daily checks as per PAS100 protocol.
Q. How much compost will I need for garden project?
To work out the volume of the area you are working with, you will need to use the formula length(m) x width(m) x depth(m). The answer will give you the cubic meterage of your chosen area. We’d recommend a depth of 5cm. Alternatively, use our free volume calculator.