Eco Playground Bark Chippings
Chip-based surface, recycled from local Dorset trees and made specifically for playgrounds
Eco Playground Bark Chippings is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
A natural, organic and cost-effective alternative to traditional rubberised playground surfaces, Playground Bark Chippings adds character and safety to any play area.
Tested in accordance with BS EN 1177:2018 (to a depth of 30cm), this wood chip product is carefully scrutinised to meet maximum quality and safety protocols.
A fine blend of sustainably sourced soft and hardwood log chippings.
Suitable to be used for play areas all year round with excellent drainage qualities. It’s no wonder why our bulk bags of environmentally-friendly and organic Playground Chippings is a firm favourite with councils, schools and parents.
Why choose our bark chippings?
- Long lasting and durable with a life span of 2-3 years
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Easy to install and requires little maintenance
- Pet, plant and environmentally friendly
- Cost effective and natural alternative to rubber
- Recyclable and easy to dispose of when no longer needed
Bark Chip Specification
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Main constituent: Mixed hardwood & softwood.
- Particle Size Distribution: 10-80mm.
- Dust & fines: Minimal.
- Wood Content: >95%
- Bulk Density: 250-350g/litre.
- Origin: British.
- Purity: Pure.
- Stability on slopes: Up to 20%.
- Moisture Content: 29.5% (sample air dried at +55oC for 72hrs) .
- Quality Range: Domestic and Contract.
- Tested in accordance with BS EN 1177:2018.
What our customers say
Cheryl Needham - Project Manager, Grow Your Own Rainbow Garden
Eco Playground Bark Chippings questions
Q. How do I lay bark chippings for a play area?
When laying bark chippings, it is crucial to ensure the depth correlates to the potential fall heights. A fall height of 1.6m needs 10cm, 4.1m needs 20cm & 5m needs 30cm. This ensures the surface is compliant with EN 1177 safety standards.
Q. Why should I use bark chippings for my playground surface?
Our Bark chippings are certified to playground safety standards (EN1177:2008), meaning when applied to correct depths, it provides a safer surface. The darker colour of the bark also looks fantastic, meaning playgrounds and play areas have a professional, premium appearance.