Harrowden Landscape Turf
Harrowden Turf meticulously grown and harvest turf to ensure a healthy, vibrant, and long-lasting lawn that will be the pride and joy of your home.
Harrowden Landscape Turf is available in bulk for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
As featured in “The English Garden” magazine, the Harrowden’ s Landscape Lawn Turf is grown on premium quality soils from carefully chosen grass seed species, creating a dense, dark green sward that will flatter any garden design from contemporary to a cottage-style garden. Not only is the turf attractive, it’s really hard-wearing too. The grass species chosen are tough enough to cope with a five-aside footie game, yet soft enough for a baby to take their first steps on.
The turf is grown for approximately 12 months and produced using no plastic netting, making it an environmentally friendly option. The seed cultivars used are independently selected to provide the best quality sward. This results in a unique blend that produces a finer leaved luxurious but hard-wearing lawn.
Harrowden Turf will have been treated for weeds and will contain mature grass plants, root fibre and enough soil to maintain the plant during establishment.
We have multiple variations of Harrowden Turf options available, including:
Traditional Landscape Turf
Wildflower turf options are available upon request, please call our friendly sales team for assistance on 01202 593601.
Why choose Harrowden Turf?
- An instantly good looking lawn turf that simply oozes the “wow” factor
- Turf has a dense, dark green sward that will flatter any garden design
- Attractive and hard-wearing
- Easy going lawncare
- Grown using no plastic netting
- Grown on Grade 1 DEFRA classified soils
- Available in multiple pack sizes
- Dimensions: each roll covers approximately 1m square, 610mm x 1640mm, depth of between 10 - 15mm.
- Harrowden's Premium seed mix: 20% Perennial Ryegrass, 10% Smooth Stalked Meadow Grass 35% Slender Creeping Red Fescue, 20% Strong Creeping Red Fescue, 15% Chewing's Fescue.
- Due to the unique mix of species and cultivars, this turf will have some shade, drought, and salt tolerance.
- Ideal for high quality landscapes, commercial landscaping, domestic lawns, golf tees, hardwearing amenity sports areas and urban areas.
Not recommended for use as a sport turf.
Turf rolls must be rolled out within 24 hours of receipt.
Please note, if ordering turf along with other Eco products, the order will be fulfilled in separate deliveries. This is to ensure you get the most fresh turf we can provide, therefore it is coming directly from the turf farm.
Harrowden Landscape Turf questions
Q. When is the best time in the year to lay turf rolls?
The ideal time to lay turf rolls is during the cooler months of spring or autumn when temperatures are milder. This allows the turf to establish roots more effectively before facing extreme heat or cold. Avoid laying turf during hot summers or freezing winters for the best chances of successful establishment.
Q. How many turf rolls do I need for my garden?
Turf rolls typically cover around 1 square meter each. The number of turf rolls needed for your garden depends on the size and shape of the area you wish to cover. To calculate, you will need to use the formula length(m) x width(m) which will give you the area in square meters.
Q. Can you lay turf rolls on an uneven surface?
It’s not recommended to lay turf on an uneven surface as it can result in poor contact between the turf and the soil, leading to gaps and uneven growth. It’s essential to level the ground and remove any large bumps or depressions before turfing, ensuring proper establishment and a uniform, healthy lawn surface.