Eco Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil
Quality organic topsoil containing peat-free compost, perfect for laying turf and seeding.
Eco Turf & Lawn Organic Seeding Soil is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Our organic Eco Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil is screened to 8mm and blended 80:20 with our Eco Mix, peat-free, soil improver (PAS100 certified). This produces a fantastic nutrient and organic profile, without the need for fertilisers. It’s easy to spread due to the smaller particle size and this also means the organic content is more readily available, giving your new lawn the best possible start!
Our bulk bags of Eco Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil are recycled from Dorset’s high sand-content soils and therefore highly sustainable.
Whilst going through our own rigorous quality checks, our Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil is regularly checked and tested by leading soil scientist Tim O’Hare, meeting BS:3882:2015 certification.
Eco Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil has a pH of 7-8.5 and is free of viable weed seeds and pathogens. Note: there can be stones within this mix.
Why choose our organic seeding soil?
- Organic matter content helps with moisture retention and improves soil structure
- Low stone content
- Nutrient-rich, helping turf and lawn seed to establish
- Friable and easy to apply
- Perfect for turfing, seeding and general garden use
Seeding Soil Specification
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Recycled Inert Soil & PAS100 Compost.
- Screened to 8mm
- Bulk Density: 950 – 1050 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 20% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 80% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 3 – 20% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7 – 8.5.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: Within acceptable limits (“Heavy Metals”).
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Our Eco Turf & Lawn Seeding Topsoil is not suitable for use as a top dressing.
What our customers say
"The soil was well supplied with organic matter and all major plant nutrients."
Tim O'Hare - UK's leading soil specialist
Eco Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil questions
Q. What is the best seeding soil for lawn and turf?
Achieve lush, vibrant lawns with our Eco Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil. Specially formulated with optimal nutrient content and seed-friendly texture, it promotes successful germination and robust growth. Give your green spaces the perfect start with this top-quality seeding soil.
Q. How should I apply seeding soil to lawn and turf?
Begin by preparing the area, removing any debris and loosening the soil. Spread the seeding soil evenly over the desired surface, ensuring thorough coverage. Rake lightly to incorporate Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil into the existing soil, then follow the recommended seed sowing instructions.
Q. How much seeding soil should I be using for my lawn and turf?
For proper coverage, apply Eco Turf & Lawn Seeding Soil at a recommended depth of 15cm. Use enough to create a consistent layer across the lawn or turf area and adjust the quantity based on the size of your project, ensuring an even distribution of the seeding soil.