Eco SuperSoil Topsoil
Quality organic topsoil containing peat-free compost, perfect for all types of landscaping, including laying turf.
Eco SuperSoil Organic Topsoil is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
A general purpose recycled manufactured topsoil, screened to 10mm and blended 80:20 with our organic Eco Mix, peat-free, soil improver (PAS100 certified). This produces a fantastic nutrient and organic profile, meaning you don’t need fertilisers. This is the organic topsoil that you have always wanted.
Our bulk bags of Eco SuperSoil Topsoil are recycled from Dorset’s high sand-content soils and therefore highly sustainable.
Whilst going through our own rigorous quality checks, our organic Topsoil is regularly checked and tested by leading soil scientist Tim O’Hare, meeting BS:3882:2015 certification.
SuperSoil has a pH of 7-8.5 and is free of viable weed seeds and pathogens. Note: there can be stones within this mix.
Why choose our organic topsoil?
- Organic matter content helps with moisture retention and improves soil structure
- Nutrient-rich, helping turf and plants to establish
- Easy to apply
- Perfect for landscaping, turfing and general garden use
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Recycled Inert Soil & PAS100 Compost.
- Particle Size Distribution: >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >75% passing a 2.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 950 – 1050 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 20% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 80% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 3 – 20% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7 – 8.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 270µS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: Within acceptable limits (“Heavy Metals”).
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Our SuperSoil is not suitable for use as a top dressing or as a surface layer for professional sport pitches.
What our customers say
"The soil is good quality with a nice, fine texture. Perfect for younger plants."
Oliver Ward - Ashmore Farm
Eco SuperSoil Topsoil questions
Q. Why is using a topsoil compost mix better?
Utilising a topsoil compost mix offers numerous advantages. It combines the fertility and organic matter of compost with the nutrient-rich properties of topsoil, creating an optimal growing environment. Our Supersoil enhances soil structure, promotes microbial activity, improves moisture retention, and is perfect for all types of landscaping.
Q. How much of a topsoil compost mix should I be using?
As a guideline, aim for a topsoil layer that’s 20-30cm. This depth allows for healthy root development and provides a sufficient amount of soil for plants to thrive. To work out the volume of the area you are working with, you will need to use the formula length(m) x width(m) x depth(m).
Q. What are the benefits of having compost in a topsoil mix?
Incorporating compost into a topsoil mix brings a multitude of benefits. Compost enhances soil fertility, enriches microbial activity, improves soil structure, and increases moisture retention. It also boosts nutrient availability. The inclusion of compost in a topsoil mix leads to healthier plants, improved yields, and long-term soil health.