Eco Peat Free Multipurpose Organic Compost
Sow and Grow with Confidence, our Peat-Free Multipurpose Compost is perfect for rooting, planters and hanging baskets
Eco Peat Free Multipurpose Organic Compost is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
PAS100 certified compost, recycled and sustainably produced from offcuts of local Dorset gardens, blended with wood fines, sawdust and anaerobic digestate fibres.
Our bulk bags of Peat Free Multipurpose Organic Compost are a reliable and organic option that can handle any gardening task with ease. This organic compost goes through a rigorous 12-week maturation process, ensuring a high-quality growing media that’s perfect for every stage of plant growth.
If you are looking for stronger plant development, vibrant flowers and overall improved health, Peat Free Multipurpose Compost is the perfect blend.
Use our bulk bags of Peat Free Multipurpose Organic Compost for general plant growing, seed trays, hanging baskets and potting on for optimum results. This is also an ideal organic compost for seeding grass and growing vegetables and herbs.
Why choose our organic compost?
- Improves moisture retention and soil structure
- Nutrient-rich and an excellent source of organic matter, which helps plants to establish quickly
- Easy to apply
- Requires little maintenance
- Perfect for potting plants, grass, vegetables and herbs
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Biodegradable green plant & tissue matter.
- Bulk Density: 450 - 550 g/litre.
- PH: 7-8
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Not suitable for use with acid-loving (ericaceous) species, like Rhododendrons, or as a top dressing for turf.
Eco Peat Free Multipurpose Organic Compost questions
Q. Why is it better to use organic compost?
Organic compost improves plant health, growth, improves the soil structure and moisture retention without the use of artificial fertilisers. Artifical fertilisers are often created from fossil-fuels, so using organic compost helps to transition away from these. Organic compost also has long term benefits of improving the soil.
Q. Why is multi-purpose compost good for plants?
Multipurpose is as the name suggests. It’s a great all rounder, however, due to the light nature of it, it is ideal for hanging baskets, seed trays and potted planters. It is packed full with organic matter that gives plants the best start in life.
Q. Can I use multi-purpose compost for growing vegetables?
Yes, multipurpose is a great all rounder. It can be used for potting plants, grass, vegetables and herbs. Some vegetables may need a specialist type of soil, but on the whole, Multipurpose would work well. The composition of the product provides fantastic nutrients, but also has fantastic water retention qualities.