Eco Mix Organic Soil Improver
Peat-free organic soil improver perfect for raised beds, borders, trees and shrubs
Eco Mix Organic Compost Soil Improver is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Elevate your garden and improve the soil fertility and structure with our bulk bags of organic Eco Mix, peat-free, compost soil improver.
Locally produced and recycled from Dorset gardens, the 12 week maturation process produces a sustainable and high quality compost, perfect to take your garden to the next level.
Expertly screened to 10mm, borders and veg patches will glow up, while trees and shrubs will thrive.
Spread the Eco Mix organic compost soil improver through the upper layer and root zone of your garden for the optimum results.
Why choose our organic soil improver?
- Improves moisture retention and soil structure
- Nutrient-rich and an excellent source of organic matter, which helps plants to establish quickly
- Easy to apply
- Requires little maintenance
- Perfect for beds, borders, veg allotments, trees, and shrubs
Soil Improver Specification
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Biodegradable green plant & tissue matter.
- Particle Size Distribution: >100% passing a 7.0mm screen >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 500 - 600 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 35% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 65% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 25% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7.5 - 8.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 400 μS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: within acceptable limits.
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Not suitable as a potting soil – for this you need a lightweight soil.
Eco Mix Organic Soil Improver questions
Q. What is organic soil improver?
Organic soil improver is a compost made up of organic matter. It improves the organic profile and structure of soil, creating a medium that has better drainage and growing properties. It can be dug into soil, or as a layer of mulch, which also protects plants in winter.
Q. How does soil improver help my garden?
In short, soil improver is a sustainable, organic fertiliser. If you have poor soil quality, adding soil improver to your garden helps plant health & growth. The organic matter breaks down, giving plants the nutrients they need and also improves water retention and soil structure.
Q. How much soil improver will I need for my garden project?
If you are looking to improve your soil, we recommend using a depth of 2cm. To mulch your beds and borders, a 5cm depth should be enough to keep them protected through the Autumn/Winter. To work out how much you will need, please use our free volume calculator.