Eco Pro Mix Organic Soil Improver
Fine grade, peat-free organic compost ready to give your plants a boost with a premium finish.
Eco Pro Mix Organic Compost Soil Improver is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Eco Pro Mix Organic Soil Improver is a premium, double screened compost that provides a fantastic nutrient profile to improve your soils, avoiding fossil fuel derived fertilisers.
Locally produced and 100% organic, Eco Pro Mix improves water irrigation efficiency and will give beds, borders or veg patches the organic boost they need.
Double screened to 10mm, with 95% passing 4mm, this peat-free, nutrient rich and organic soil improver is quickly absorbed and will provide a premium, quality finish to your garden.
Why choose our organic soil improver?
- Improves moisture retention and soil structure
- Nutrient-rich and an excellent source of organic matter, which helps plants to establish quickly
- Easy to apply
- Requires little maintenance
Soil Improver Specification
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Biodegradable green plant & tissue matter.
- Particle Size Distribution: >100% passing a 7.0mm screen >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 500 - 600 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 35% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 65% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 25% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7.5 - 8.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 400 μS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: within acceptable limits.
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Not suitable as a potting compost, please see Eco MultiPurpose for a great growing media.
What our customers say
"Extremely high quality. Some of the best results I have ever seen!''
Murray Long, Managing Director, Golf Course Development Ltd
Eco Pro Mix Organic Soil Improver questions
Q. What is a double screened compost?
It is compost that is screened (sieved) twice to remove more of the larger woody fractions. The output is a finer, compost that has a great nutrient profile to improve your soils. The smaller fraction means the nutrients are more easily accessible for the plant / lawn.
Q. Why is it best to use peat-free compost?
Peat-free composts are more sustainable and better for our planet. Peat is sourced by digging up bogs that have taken thousands of years to form. These bogs act as a carbon sponge, reducing carbon from the atmosphere. Peat bogs also store water, which reduces flooding.
Q. How do I work out how much soil improver I need?
To work out the volume of the area you are working with, you will need to use the formula length(m) x width(m) x depth(m). The answer will give you the cubic meterage of your chosen area. We’d recommend a depth of 5cm. Alternatively, use our free volume calculator.