Eco Mix Coarse Organic Soil Improver
Peat-free coarse soil improver, perfect for feeding shrubs and borders over colder months
Eco Mix Coarse Organic Soil Improver is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Take your garden to the next level with our bulk bags of peat-free, organic Eco Coarse Mix, a soil improver designed to improve water retention and drainage. Expertly screened to 30mm, the coarser fraction helps with drainage and slowly breaks down to provide a great, longer-term feed for shrubs, whilst insulating the soil over the colder months.
Locally recycled from Dorset gardens, Eco Coarse Mix undergoes a closely monitored and certified 9 week maturation process to produce a sustainable, high-quality soil-improving compost, perfect to take your garden to the next level.
Spread Eco Coarse Mix Organic soil improver over your beds to a recommended depth of 5-10cm for optimum results.
Why choose our organic soil improver?
- Improves moisture retention and soil structure
- Nutrient-rich and an excellent source of organic matter, which helps plants to establish quickly
- Easy to apply
- Requires little maintenance
- Perfect for regular planting of trees and shrub, when added to soil
Soil Improver Specification
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Biodegradable green plant & tissue matter.
- Particle Size Distribution: >100% passing a 7.0mm screen >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 500 - 600 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 35% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 65% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 25% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7.5 - 8.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 400 μS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: within acceptable limits.
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Not suitable as a potting compost, please see Eco MultiPurpose for a great growing media.
Eco Mix Coarse Organic Soil Improver questions
Q. What is coarse soil improver?
A soil improver is organic matter that is added to the soil, designed to improve water retention and drainage. The coarser fraction helps with drainage and breaks down more slowly to provide a great, longer-term feed for shrubs, whilst insulating the soil over the colder months.
Q. Will this soil improver help with my water drainage in my garden?
Yes, the soil improver helps the stucture of the soil and creates pockets for the water to sit in and prevent it sitting on the surface. The coarser fraction will also slowly break down over time, providing plants with a long term food.
Q. Is soil improver the same as soil conditioner?
Simply, yes! Organic matter is a material that can be used for improving soil, and as such, can be reffered to as soil improver or soil conditioner. These are just alternative names for organic matter that improves soil structure and organic composition.