Eco Fruit & Veg Topsoil
This rich topsoil nourishes fruit and vegetable plants in patches, raised beds or allotments.
Eco Fruit & Veg Organic Topsoil is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Give your fruit and vegetables a fertile base from which to grow and flourish. This manufactured organic topsoil has been screened to 10mm and formulated with an 80:20 blend using our Eco Mix, peat-free soil improver (PAS100 certified). From tomatoes to runner beans, cabbage to cucumbers, you won’t need additional fertilisers as our topsoil provides a rich, nutrient profile to grow your own produce.
Our bulk bags of Eco Fruit & Veg topsoil are highly sustainable having been made from recycled high sand content soils from Dorset.
We always carry out thorough quality checks, and our topsoil is also regularly tested by leading soil scientist, Tim O’Hare, meeting BS:3882:2015 certification.
Fruit & Veg topsoil has a pH of 7-8.5 and is free of viable weed seeds and pathogens. Note: there can be stones within this mix.
Why choose our organic topsoil?
- Give fruits and vegetables the rich nutrients and energy needed to grow in patches, planters, greenhouses and allotments
- Organic matter content helps with moisture retention and improves soil structure
- Easy to apply
- Also ideal for general garden use
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Recycled Inert Soil & PAS100 Compost.
- Particle Size Distribution: >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >75% passing a 2.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 950 – 1050 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 20% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 80% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 3 – 20% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7 – 8.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 270µS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: Within acceptable limits (“Heavy Metals”).
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Our Beds & Borders topsoil is not suitable for use as a top dressing or as a surface layer for professional sport pitches.
Eco Fruit & Veg Topsoil questions
Q. What is the best topsoil for growing fruit and vegetables?
Eco Fruit and Veg Topsoil is the top choice for bountiful harvests. Its nutrient-rich composition and balanced pH level create an ideal environment for fruit and vegetable growth, ensuring robust plants and delicious produce. Give your garden the best foundation for success.
Q. How to prepare topsoil for fruit and vegetables?
Clear debris and weeds, then mix in Eco Fruit and Veg Topsoil at a depth of 20-30cm. Our topsoil is blended with a mix of Eco Mix compost, giving your produce readily available organic matter that enhances fertility, helps with moisture retention and ensures your plants receive the nourishment they crave.
Q. Is topsoil or compost better for growing fruit and vegetables?
For fruit and vegetable cultivation, Eco Fruit and Veg Topsoil reigns supreme. Its nutrient-rich composition and well-draining structure foster root development and plant vigour. While compost supplements soil fertility, our topsoil provides the ideal foundation for thriving crops and bountiful yields.