Eco Fruit & Veg Organic Compost
Nurture your fruit and vegetable patch to give your produce the best start and healthy growth.
Eco Fruit & Veg Organic Compost is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Our bulk bags of peat-free Eco Fruit & Veg Organic Compost is ideal for cultivating delicious produce at home or in your allotment. It improves soil fertility and raises nutrient levels as it breaks down and releases the goodness needed for better flowering, fruiting and foliage.
The organic matter in our compost is recycled from local Dorset gardens. It undergoes a 12-week maturation process to produce our high-quality, sustainable compost – perfect for healthy fruit and veg.
Expertly screened to 10mm, our compost helps improve drainage and soil structure.
For best results, spread through the upper layer and root zone of your fruit and vegetable patch.
Why choose our organic compost?
- Nurtures fruit and vegetables at home and in allotments
- Improves soil structure and moisture retention
- An excellent source of nutrient-rich organic matter to help produce establish
- Easy to apply
- Little maintenance needed
- Also ideal for trees, shrubs and plants
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Biodegradable green plant & tissue matter.
- Particle Size Distribution: >100% passing a 7.0mm screen >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 500 - 600 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 35% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 65% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 25% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7.5 - 8.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 400 μS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: within acceptable limits.
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Not suitable to be used for potting – for this try a lighter weight soil.
What our customers say
"Affordable, nutrient rich and good composition."
Elliott - Elliott Gardening
Eco Fruit & Veg Organic Compost questions
Q. How often should I put compost on my fruit and vegetable patch?
Ideally, you want to compost twice a year in Autumn and Spring. Make sure you spread a 2cm layer of compost all over the vegetable patch but be aware of over composting, as this can cause an overload of nutrients, resulting in potential deficiencies in the soil.
Q. What is the best time of year to use compost in vegetable patches?
Compost can be used all year round to build vegetable patches or provide nutrients. We recommend adding in compost to your veg patch in early Autumn. This gives it a chance to break down into the soil, ready for Spring.
Q. How much compost should I use on my fruit and vegetable patch?
If you are looking to improve your soil, we recommend using a depth of 2cm. To mulch your beds, a 5cm depth should be enough to keep them protected through the Autumn/Winter. To work out how much you will need, please use our free volume calculator.