Eco Beds & Borders Topsoil
Encourage flowers to bloom and vibrant borders; this quality organic topsoil is enriched with peat-free compost.
Eco Beds & Borders Organic Topsoil is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Give your beds and borders a boost, our organic topsoil blend has been designed to nourish beds and borders and help plants thrive. Suitable for greenhouses, pots and planters too, this mix has been screened to 10mm and blended 80:20 with our Eco Mix, peat-free organic soil improver (PAS100 certified). There’s no need for additional fertiliser as this mix is rich in organic nutrients to keep plants and their root systems healthy.
Our bulk bags of Eco Beds & Borders topsoil are resourced sustainably, having been recycled from the high-sand content soils of Dorset.
In addition to our own rigorous quality assurance checks, our Beds & Borders organic topsoil is regularly tested by leading soil scientist Tim O’Hare meeting BS:3882:2015 certification.
Beds & Borders organic topsoil has a pH of 7-8.5 and is free of viable weed seeds and pathogens. Note: there can be stones within this mix.
Why choose our organic topsoil?
- Encourages plants to establish and thrive in beds, borders, planters and pots
- Organic matter content helps with moisture retention and improves soil structure
- Rich in nutrients
- Easy to apply
- Perfect for beds, borders and general garden use
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Recycled Inert Soil & PAS100 Compost.
- Particle Size Distribution: >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >75% passing a 2.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 950 – 1050 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 20% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 80% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 3 – 20% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7 – 8.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 270µS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: Within acceptable limits (“Heavy Metals”).
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Our Beds & Borders topsoil is not suitable for use as a top dressing or as a surface layer for professional sport pitches.
What our customers say
"Very high quality soil and compost."
Anne Hayden - Your Planet Doctors
Eco Beds & Borders Topsoil questions
Q. What is the best soil for my flower beds and borders?
Give your plants a fertile base to grow and flourish with Eco Bed’s and Border’s soil. A sandy loam soil enriched with organic matter, this soil composition nurtures vibrant blooms, provides good drainage and ensures the health of your plants. Elevate your garden with this soil blend.
Q. Should I only be using topsoil for my flower beds and borders?
Optimal results come from using a blend of topsoil and compost to give your plants a hit of organic matter. Our Eco Beds & Borders Topsoil is mixed with our Eco Mix Compost, ensuring nutrient availability, improved soil structure and moisture retention.
Q. Is topsoil or compost better for flower beds and borders?
For flourishing flower beds and borders, the combination of topsoil and compost is unbeatable. Eco Bed’s & Border’s Topsoil includes both, providing essential nutrients and excellent drainage. Achieve thriving blooms and healthy plants by harnessing the power of this balanced soil blend.