Eco Beds & Borders Organic Compost
Improve soil fertility with Eco's Beds & Borders Organic Compost to give your beds and borders a nutrient-rich growing environment.
Eco Beds & Borders Organic Compost is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Give new life and better structure to your beds and borders. Our bulk bags of peat-free organic soil improver supports the growth of your plants, trees, and shrubs by creating a healthier environment, strengthening root systems, and reducing rot or disease.
The garden matter we recycle from the local Dorset area undergoes a 12-week maturation process to produce this sustainable and high-quality organic compost soil improver.
Help your plants, trees and shrubs in beds and borders to thrive with our eco compost carefully screened to 10mm.
To use, simply spread through the upper layer and root zone of your beds and borders.
As featured in The Times as one of the great, sustainable ways to make your garden more eco and wildlife friendly!
Why choose our organic compost?
- Boosts the health and growth of plants, trees and shrubs in beds and borders
- Improves soil structure and moisture retention
- An excellent source of nutrient-rich organic matter to help plants establish
- Easy to apply
- Little maintenance needed
- Also ideal for veg patches, allotments, trees and shrubs
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Input materials: Biodegradable green plant & tissue matter.
- Particle Size Distribution: >100% passing a 7.0mm screen >90% passing a 4.0mm screen >50% passing a 1.0mm screen.
- Bulk Density: 500 - 600 g/litre.
- Moisture Content: 35% m/m.
- Dry Matter: 65% m/m.
- Organic Matter: (as loss recognition) 25% of the dry matter.
- PH: 7.5 - 8.5.
- Electrical Conductivity: 400 μS/cm.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: within acceptable limits.
- Certification: PAS100 & the Compost Quality Protocol, in which this quality compost was produced in compliance with the Compliance Quality Protocol.
Not suitable to be used for potting – for this try a lighter weight soil.
What our customers say
"Very high quality soil and compost."
Anne Hayden - Your Planet Doctors
Eco Beds & Borders Organic Compost questions
Q. How often should I put compost on my flower beds?
To keep your soil healthy, it’s recommended to add compost to your beds once every year. Add a 5cm layer in Autumn, so that in Spring the compost has broken down and enriched the soil, ready for planting. It also acts as a mulch over the winter months.
Q. What is the best time of year to use compost for garden borders?
Compost can be used all year round, however we recommend adding compost to your beds, borders & planters in early Autumn. This will then breakdown into your soil over the winter, ready to supply your plants and shrubs with all the nutrients for blooming in Spring.
Q. How much compost should I use on my beds and borders?
If you are looking to improve your soil, we recommend using a depth of 2cm. To mulch your beds and borders, a 5cm depth should be enough to keep them protected through the Autumn/Winter. To work out how much you will need, please use our free volume calculator.