Eco Garden & Play Bark Chips
Garden & Play Bark Chips, perfect for playground surfaces, beds and borders.
Eco Garden & Play Bark Chips is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Level up playgrounds and suppress weeds at the same time. Our bulk bags of organic Garden & Play Bark Chips are highly versatile and meet a superb standard.
RHS endorsed and fire tested to BS4790, these organic bark chippings ensure maximum quality.
An ideal blend of sustainably-sourced pine bark, Douglas fir and larch, screened between 30-60 mm ensuring no cross-contamination.
Suitable for use as a weed suppressing mulch and for play areas, decorative borders and flower beds, the rich-brown bark produces a wow factor.
Why choose our organic bark chippings?
- Suppresses weed growth and conserves soil moisture
- Enhances your garden’s appearance
- Easy to apply
- Requires little maintenance
- Pet, animal and environmentally friendly
- Good insulation for plants in cold conditions, therefore reducing plant loss
- Natural alternative to rubberised play surfaces
- Perfect for beds, borders, veg allotments, trees, and shrubs
Bark Chip Specification
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Main constituent: Pine Bark, Douglas fir and Larch.
- Particle size distribution: 35mm – 75mm.
- Dust & Fines: Minimal.
- Wood Content: >95%
- Bulk Density: 200-250g/litre.
- Origin: British.
- pH: 4.5-5.5.
- Durability: 4 years +.
- Quality Range: Domestic and Contract.
- Tested in accordance with BS EN 1177:2018.
Eco Garden & Play Bark Chips questions
Q. Why are bark chippings ideal for play areas?
Our Bark chippings are certified to playground safety standards (EN1177:2008), meaning when applied to correct depths, it provides a safer surface. The darker colour of the bark also looks fantastic, meaning playgrounds and play areas have a professional, premium appearance.
Q. How long do bark chippings last?
For a layer of bark chips to break down completely, it can take anywhere between 2 to 4 years. We recommend refreshing them after a year or so to keep your garden looking well maintained and your plants protected.
Q. How can I work out how much bark chippings I need?
To work out the volume of the area you are working with, use the formula length(m) x width(m) x depth(m). The answer will give you the cubic meterage of your chosen area. The depth depends on your use, for play areas it must correlate to the height of the equipment.