Eco Amenity Bark Mulch
Bark-based mulch perfect for plant protection and weed suppression
Eco Amenity Bark Mulch is available in XL bulk bags approx. 750L for chosen day, nationwide delivery.
Conserve soil moisture, preserve plant life, and level up your garden aesthetics. Our 100% natural and organic Eco Amenity Bark is a great value option made from recycled British trees.
Raw material undergoes a thorough process of screening and shredding to ensure a high quality.
A perfect blend of 50% mulch and 50% spruce bark with no cross-contamination.
Suitable for both commercial and domestic use. Our bulk bags of Eco Amenity Bark Mulch prevents weed growth and looks great while doing it.
Why choose our amenity bark mulch?
- Suppresses weed growth and conserves soil moisture
- Enhances your garden’s appearance
- Easy to apply
- Requires little maintenance
- Pet, animal and environmentally friendly
- Good insulation for plants in cold conditions, therefore reducing plant loss
- Perfect for beds, borders, veg allotments, trees, and shrubs
Amenity Bark Mulch Specification
- Delivered in bulk bag - XL jumbo bag approx. 750 Litres / 0.73m3
- Particle Size Distribution: 1-65mm>10% Fines>25% Wood Content.
- Bulk Density: 300-380g/litre.
- Origin: British
- pH: 4.5 – 5.5.
- Quality Range: Domestic and Contract.
- Purity: Substantially free of physical contaminants, viable weed seeds and pathogens.
- Potentially Toxic Elements: within acceptable limits.
Eco Amenity Bark Mulch questions
Q. How does bark mulch suppress weeds in my garden?
Bark essentially works as a barrier to smother the weeds and stop them from receiving any sunlight that they need to grow. It is best to use at least 7-8cm of bark mulch to prevent the sunlight from penetrating and helping weeds grow.
Q. How much bark mulch do I need?
To work out the volume of the area you are working with, you will need to use the formula length(m) x width(m) x depth(m). The answer will give you the cubic meterage of your chosen area. We’d recommend a depth of 5cm. Alternatively, use our free volume calculator.